While the least expensive of all the injection molding processing components, the check valve is extremely important to good processing. Therefore, it is very important to use excellent quality non-return valves. The old adage is usually true here: you get what you pay for. Concor's quality standards exceed those of the SPI.
CONCOR VELOCI-T™ TIP ASSEMBLY
The optimal tip design is the result of decades of experience. This three-piece free-flow injection molding screw tip design has deep smooth flute areas on the allowing a “free flow” of material off the screw. Concor’s Veloci-T™ free flow design has improved shut-off over other free flow valves. Most of Concor's customers prefer the Veloci-T™ free flow 3 piece. Concor stocks a wide range of tips for quick delivery. Click here for a list of manufacturers whose machines we can provide components for.
Veloci-T™ tips provide large front face ring target area and specially engineered rear seat to assure positive shut off of low viscosity (i.e. Nylon) and high filled resins – minimize scrap. Veloci-T™ tips are made of CPM M4 HIPPED tool steel providing high resistance to heat, impact & rotational wear of contact surfaces - extended wear life / reduced cost. Our standard Veloci-T valve is calculated to give you optimum ring travel for the widest variety of materials, but on that special occasion where your shot consistency is floating around because the ring is not seating off quickly enough, Concor does offer a longer check ring to allow quicker shut-off. Some refer to this as a "short throw" check ring.
- Less restrictive than 4 piece or ball check designs
- Reduced wear and material degradation
- Ideal for shear sensitive materials such as PC, ABS, PVC, because the ring floats "free"
- The ring does not rotate with the screw, extending barrel life
- Design allows for processing a variety of materials – provides flexibility for custom molding Design eliminates dead spots minimizing material degradation
- Ring is designed as sacrificial wear component –simple and cost effective.